A Warm Welcome From Principal Sanders,
New students and families, we are extremely excited to welcome you into our 9th grade Academy at Building 21! Not only are you receiving a new school, but you are getting a new family! We hope that you have all are safe and finding time to relax over the Summer. With all that is happening across our country with the COVID-19 pandemic and the impact that it has had on our students and families across the city, please know that at Building 21 we are dedicated to doing everything that we can to support you and your student with a exciting and positive transition to high school. In this newsletter, we have provided you with some of the basic and most pertinent information that you will need to prepare for the start of the 20-21 school year. While we are working diligently to adapt to the current realities of school at this time, we hope that you are as joyful as we are to meet our meet you! I look forward to the work that we do together this school year and look forward to an amazing school year!
Exciting New Experiences for Freshman Academy
This school year will present our 9th graders with great new opportunities and push them to grow in many ways. As 9th graders, students can look forward to the following this school year:
- Building new relationships and networks with students and staff through our Advisory program
- Learning and practicing next generational skills and strong habits for success through learning experiences
- Expanding their interests and skills in through electives courses
- Strengthening collaboration skills and conflict management through the use of restorative practices
- Learning and executing our Building 21 Core Values
We Want to Stay Connected With YOU!
Throughout the month of July, we will be keeping our students in families connected in a variety of ways.
- Stay connected through social media – Follow us on Instagram @building21phl
- Stay connected through our website – visit us at www.building21.philasd.org
- Stay connected through google meets virtual meetings. These meetings will take place 7/10 (rescheduled from 7/9) from 2:30-3:00 and 8/6 from 12:00-1:00.
- Meeting ID: meet.google.com/bag-vmxc-yzp
- Phone Numbers (US) +1 260-306-5048 PIN: 312 799 797#